Saturday, July 19, 2008

From John & Kate Plus 8

My daughter introduced me to the show "John & Kate Plus 8" the other day, a reality show about a couple who had twins and then later six babies born at once. I can relate so well to the mom. I've heard Kate say several things that I recognize from my own experiences in raising "multiples", although my sets of babies didn't come in just two pregnancies, they were close in age and it was much the same (Some of you can agree I'm sure).

Kate said something like, "Every day is painfully the same, every day is full of surprises." How true!

I love parenting. I love my kids and everything about them. My favorite parts? Hearing them talk to each other in the back of the van, the funny things kids say. Listening to them sing together. Watching them interact and laugh together. Seeing their personalities and talents develop, watching them overcome weaknesses, reaching new milestones-- even the adult children because they all keep moving forward.

I think parenting gives us a window to how Heavenly Father must feel about all of us in this world; all of His children. And yes, at times it must be painfully the same... but also full of joy. And He loves us forever and always.

No comments: