





Joel turned 8 years old on January 11th! He was one excited little boy to realize that everyone would finally really be singing "Happy Birthday to Joel" and that he would get to blow out the candles on his own cake! I did take a video of that but somehow it wasn't there so I must have done something wrong, I'm so sorry. Joel loves watching the video clips on the blog over and over.Janina made Joel's birthday cake, which was actually brownies and you can see she used the "Horton Hears a WHO" theme to decorate it. She did a great job! Later, when Papa and I finally FOUND where we'd hidden what we bought for Joel's presents, he did get the Horton movie. You'll see some of his gifts from family and friends on the video.
Thank you to those who were able to come to his party, he had lots of fun playing "Island Chase", which is running around and around the kitchen island. I did at least get a video of that and will upload it here soon. Joel and Timmy think they're playing a version of "Duck, duck, goose!" when they do that, but mostly it's just a way for them to use their energy since we can't play outside.
One thing that's interesting to note in this video is that Joel's cousin Jesse (wearing the burgundy sweatshirt) is only 6 months older than Joel. Joel's friend Jace (in the green sweatshirt) is 5.5, the same age as our son Timmy. The boy in the grey sweatshirt is their cousin Will, age 11 and always so good to Joel and Tim. Collin is our 2-year old grandson running the opposite direction from everyone else and Tristan is the little guy with the pacifier in his mouth. The little girls were mostly sleeping or falling asleep during this party. Lora filmed the part of the video where the boys are running and she giggled all through it.
Joel's birth families sent him some awesome new clothes which have been incredibly providential to have right now because of the cold weather-- he's wearing the jackets and sweaters indoors right now. Thank you!!! The Green Bay Packers set looks totally natural on him! ;o)
These last several photos were taken by Joel himself! These are the first he has taken. I think he's got a talent for it, what do you think? Happy Birthday Joel, we love you!!!




3 comments:
Happy birthday Joel!! The cake looks amazing. Great job Janina!
Looks like a fun time was had.
Happy Birthday Joel!! I love the video! He is just so darn cute!:):)
Amy
I love the video. I'm happy Joel had a good birthday with family and friends. I agree, I think he has some talent for photography.
Post a Comment