







Last night we had Elder Ward and Elder Delavoye over for Family Home Evening. For supper we had a baked potato bar with lots of toppings. Lora's friend Erika was here. Brother and Sister Dobson joined us a little later and we all carved pumpkins.
Mike and I aren't fond of Halloween but see the pumpkin part as an art form which our family has traditionally enjoyed. Wilson really enjoyed the carving and took the longest except for Gabe, who will finish his soon. ;o) Personally, I think pumpkins are a gorgeous organic example of orange and it's almost impossible to take a bad photo of a child among them.
Papa spent most of his time playing with the little kids because they're too young for carving tools. There was a lot of "To Boston, to Boston to buy a loaf of bread" and laughing going on.
The missionaries talked to the family around the kitchen island about how they decided to go on missions while I made no-bake fudgies. We had prayer, ate some dessert and sent some fudgies home with the Elders.
It was a warm and fun evening (cold outside)!
2 comments:
Sounds very enjoyable!! :)
I haven't carved a pumpkin in way to long! :) I used to never miss a Halloween opportunity to carve one, but in more recent years, I've ended up wanting to save the pumpkins over as Thanksgiving decorations! :) Uncarved they work well for both holidays! :) Still, a pumpkin left uncarved, is an artistic opportunity missed! :) If I don't have a chance to carve one this year, starting next year, '09, I vow to carve again! :) ( grin )
What are "no bake fudgies"? They sound terrific! Recipe please?
Post a Comment