Tuesday, March 1, 2011

19 Days

It's March now so Spring is coming!

Joel's X-rays were the same this morning but his INR was 3.9. He was given 5 mg Coumadin tonight. He had fun punching the balloon and playing bean bag toss with the physical therapist this morning. He ate more today and moved about easier. This evening he sounded worse again and I'm suspecting that he's either aspirating when he eats/drinks or it's asthma. I keep asking! He's so miserable trying to breathe at night. He was given an Albuterol breathing treatment tonight along with his Pulmicort. A new swallow study is supposed to happen tomorrow. They're having me prepare and give all of his oral meds in preparation for his discharge later this week; they expect to send him home on oxygen.

Tonight he asked to talk to Papa on the phone, and asked him to come over again. Now he's calling, "Dad!" and replying for him, "I comin', my boy!"

Prayers... and sleep, soon I hope. Goodnight!

1 comment:

BJ Barnes said...

It must be quite a treat hearing the things Joel says at any given moment! I know it's a treat to hear about them! Joel is the King of lines!! :)