
I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving day!
We enjoyed ourselves with extended family on Mike's side here in the midwest. Our group was so large that our gathering took place in the church gym near Karen & Richard's home. It was nice that all of the little kids had plenty of room to run around and lots of cousins, nieces and nephews to play with!
To all of you that we didn't see today: we missed you!
Here is a photo I took of Joel in his first grade play on Wednesday. They performed it several times that day for parents and other classrooms. Joel played the part of Squanto. When it came time at the end for the children to introduce themselves, Joel stumbled over his words a few times and said, "I Joel Wynkoop. I fayful fo' Mom and Dad." Wow! I was smiling ear to ear!
A few children later, the little girl who is holding his hands in this photo said, "My name is Payton. I'm thankful for my little friend named Joel."
I just about cried! Afterward I gave her a hug and a refridgerator magnet that I had in my pocket (with another little boy with Down syndrome pictured on it). That was all I had to give besides my thanks. She was pleased. It's amazing how children touch our lives.
I'm thankful for all of the many blessings that God has blessed me and my family with. For each sweet person who comes into our lives, for one reason or another. They are all God's children.
I am thankful for the continuing journey and adventure of life!
God bless you all.
Love,
Dolores
No comments:
Post a Comment