Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Joel Day 5 After Surgery

I was very surprised to walk up to Joel's hospital room this evening and see him wave "hi" to me...with his foot!! What a character! I had to laugh! Mike says he waved at the surgeon that way today too.

He's better tonight. I'm SO RELIEVED to see him more awake, responding to questions with a nod or a mouthed word--and the word is mostly "water". He can only have his mouth swabbed with sponge sticks, but he quickly drinks from it like a straw.

He's being fed 5 ml of Pediasure per hour by NG since 4:00 pm and it's gone well so far. The room is cool and there is a fan on him because he still has a slight fever.

The goal is to extubate him (take the breathing vent out) within the next two days. The prayers are working everybody, keep it up!
Love,
Dolores

No comments: